Study all of the incoming orders daily in order to understand the following:
- which sale people are successful and
- which sales people are not successful
- which products are selling
- which products are not selling
- which customers are ordering
- which customers are silent and not attentive to the company’s bids
- sales orders dictate production levels
- which of your machines and facilities are being used?
- which of your machines and facilities are not being used?
- Are you drawing any new customers?
- Is your advertising for a specific product working or not?
Analyze your new orders on an ongoing basis to see where you are succeeding and more importantly where you are failing.